API® SUPER ICK CURE fish remedy treats “Ich,” or white spot disease, in fish, along with other highly contagious parasitic diseases. The Ich parasite has a multi-staged life cycle, and is invisible in its early stages when it burrows into gill and skin tissue, causing severe electrolyte loss and gill damage in addition to promoting secondary bacterial and/or fungal infections.
Early symptoms of this infection include your fish darting around in the aquarium, your fish scratching against gravel or ornaments, labored breathing, and your fish remaining near the water’s surface, near filters, or near aeration devices. White spots may not always be visible on fish.
SUPER ICK CURE fish remedy usually kills the Ich parasite within 24 hours, and is safe for use in both freshwater and saltwater aquariums. This product comes in both liquid and powder form, and it is important to dose according to the directions on packaging.
- For each 10 gallons of water, empty one packet directly into aquarium.
- Repeat dose after 48 hours.
- Wait another 48 hours then change 25% of the aquarium water and add fresh activated carbon or replace filter cartridge.
Directions for use for liquid:
- Remove activated carbon from filter and continue aeration.
- Add 5 ml. per 5 gallons of aquarium water.
- Repeat dose 48 hours.
- Wait another 48 hours then change 25% of the aquarium water and add fresh activated carbon.