Reef Safe. Reef Spec. Easy to set up! The Red Sea`s ReefLED 50 watt LED Light Fixture, after years of research and development, was specifically designed to ensure that your coral have optimal growth and dramatic coloration, while creating a pleasant shimmer throughout the aquarium.
The ReefLED 50 use a single, compact, LED array that is focused into the aquarium through a optical-glass hollow lens that blends the LED arrangement, reducing the "disco ball" effect. The lens is recessed within the compact body of the light fixture, to help reduce glare from the viewing sides of your aquarium.
Corals do best when placed in PAR ranges from 550 to 90 inside the aquarium. The ReefLED`s PAR readings at the water surface when mounted 7 inches above the surface are suited for this range, being approximately 500 at water surface to 100 at a depth of 19 inches beneath the surface.
The ReefLED is totally reef safe:
- First, it only provides the intensity and spectrum of light that are used by corals
- 40 watts of the 50 that the ReefLED consumes is used by the light fixtures array Red Sea calls "Reef-Spec Blue". This blue is a blend of blue, violet, and ultraviolet wavelengths in a ratio that is equivalent to 23,000 Kelvin. When mixed in with the 8000 Kelvin White 10 watts channel, the color temperature of the light emits a range of the natural light you will find on ocean reef structures up to 30 meters deep, a range where all coral should flourish. At its full 50 watts, the ReefLED spectrum is equivalent to 12,000 Kelvin.
- The built-in WiFi allows you to control them from any smartphone or tablet device with the use of the ReefBeat Smart Aquarium App. This app assists you in operating various Red Sea smart devices that are on your aquarium, one interface to set-up, operate, monitor, and receive notifications:
- Peace of Mind - ReefBeat is constantly in contact with your ReefLEDs and will notify when communication is lost
- Lunar Cycle - Your ReefLED can be programmed to mimic a lunar cycle, a 28-day moon phase for the 3 watt moonlight channel, for reef-safe nighttime viewing
- Acclimation - An acclimation program for new corals to get used to the light by starting at a lower intensity, gradually increasing it each day, the length of the acclimation period
- Weekly Schedule - ReefBeat stores your custom lighting schedules, using the same schedule each day, or, a different program for each day of the week
- Staggered Sunrise and Sunset - When using multiple ReefLEDs, a time delay between your lights can create a stunning sunrise and sunset effect across your aquarium
- Clouds - ReefBeat provides a natural "shading" effect for a specified period of the day, with 3 levels of random cloud activity
The Plug and Play set-up is done quickly in two steps. When you install the first unit simply select from one of three presets: 15000 K, 20,000 K, or 23,000 K, then set your sunrise time, and that`s it! Any additional ReefLEDs are automatically grouped with the first unit, operating together as a single light source.
- REEF-SPEC light output for optimal coral growth and coloration
- Homogenous light with a gentle shimmer
- Reef-Safe dual-channel color setting plus dedicated moonlights
- ReefBeat app for easy set-up, operation, monitoring and notifications
- Anti-glare recessed lens
Specifications and Channels:
- Dimensions: 4.7" Length x 4.7" Depth x 2" Height
- Reef-Spec Blue - 40 watts
- 8,000K White - 10 watts
- Moonlight - 3 watts
- Coverage: 20" x 20" x 20"