All-natural coral frag dip for recovery of live coral frags and regeneration of cut coral tissue.
- All-Natural, herbal frag dip to accelerate coral recovery and growth after fragging.
- Helps prevent disease transfer into the aquarium.
- Reduces coral stress following fragging.
- Stimulates regrowth of coral tissue that is needed due to fragment cutting.
- Safe for all coral varieties, soft, LPS and SPS.
- Effective prophylactic treatment prior to adding frags into the aquarium.
Over the past several decades, there has been a tremendous increase in reports of coral disease affecting wild reefs. These same coral diseases can also have a negative impact on the home reef aquarium systems and the corals that are kept. Coral diseases can rapidly lead to significant losses of coral specimens in the reef aquarium. These diseases can affect a wide range of corals including Small polyp stony corals (SPS), Large polyp stony corals (LPS) along with soft coral. Less than optimal water quality, poor lighting, coral warfare, along with tissue damage due to handling and / or injury occurring in the aquarium can lead to sudden outbreaks of coral disease.
These diseases may have a sudden impact, with specimen loss almost overnight, or may slowly progress over time. Ultimately, the presence of a coral disease in the reef aquarium will lead to coral specimen loss. It is vital that disease identification takes place, treatment implemented, and the root cause of the outbreak eliminated to prevent additional infections and spreading to other coral specimens within the aquarium.
Brightwell Aquatics Koral Recover is an All-Natural, coral remedy that will not only treat the affected coral but will help stimulate regrowth of lost coral tissue caused by the disease infection. It is important that the entire aquarium be treated as the disease can continue to affect additional specimens in the aquarium. To help prevent initial outbreaks, it is recommended that corals or frags be pre-treated with Brightwell Aquatics Koral MD dip to prevent damaging hitchhikers from entering the aquarium and then MediCoral to prevent bacterial transfer prior to introduction to the main aquarium. This will prepare new corals for their introduction to the display reef aquarium and minimize coral stress and potential disease outbreaks.
Instructions & Guidelines:
- Shake product well before using.
- Add 5 mL (1 capful on 500 ml bottle) of Koral Recover for every 10 gallons of aquarium water.
- Continue to treat (5 mL per 10 gallons) for 7 consecutive days to effectively treat the coral infection. NOTE: It is recommended that the product be added to an area of the aquarium with strong water flow to evenly disperse the product. You may notice temporary coral polyp retraction when the product is initially added as corals are highly sensitive to any sudden changes to their immediate habitat.
- Perform a 25% water change after the 7-day treatment protocol. If symptoms remain evident after initial treatment, an additional treatment cycle can be implemented.
- It is important that chemical filtration (carbon and resins) be removed prior to dosing as the media will remove the active ingredients and render it less effective.
- Koral Recover may also create excess foaming within the protein skimmer used in the aquarium. It is recommended that the skimmer be adjusted until the excess foaming is minimized.
- Brightwell Aquatics Koral Recover is designed to treat corals directly in the aquarium. Koral Recover will not only treat the specimens in question but also aid in preventing the spread to additional coral specimens.
- Once corals have been damaged, they need proper nutritional support to fully recover. It is recommended that you consider simultaneously using Brightwell Strontion to raise strontium levels and Brightwell Restor to provide proper readily available amino acids to increase coral tissue growth rates and encourage healing.