Supply your reef with all major, minor, and trace elements in a single, convenient solution!
With the introduction of their Carbo-Calcium and All-For-Reef products, Tropic Marin revolutionized dosing for reef aquariums. A one part complete dosing solution sounded like a myth, but through the use of specialized organic calcium salts, they were able to develop a solution that safely incorporates all minor and trace elements with a balanced calcium and alkalinity additive. Similar to kalkwasser, All-For-Reef provides balanced calcium and alkalinity with no issue of increasing salinity, but without any risk of pH spikes or precipitation events. Our experiences have been nothing short of astounding, and this has quickly become the dosing solution of choice for many tanks here at Bulk Reef Supply.
All-For-Reef was originally developed for dosing in smaller nano systems, but hobbyists with all different sizes of aquariums have seen the value of such a simple but effective dosing option. The pre-mixed solutions of All-For-Reef can be impractical for dosing on large or high demand systems, so when we heard that it was possible to make the same solution with base components available we carry, we were eager to learn more! Tropic Marin has shared their recipe, and we're now able to offer all of the necessary ingredients in a convenient kit that you can mix at home!
Recommended Tools for mixing:
- 100 mL graduated measuring cup
- Small kitchen gram scale
- Magnetic Stirrer (convenient, but not required)
1 liter Recipe & Directions
- Step 1: Starting with a clean container with at least 1 liter capacity, add 750 mL RODI water. Room temp water is ok, but warm water will help dissolve the powder more quickly.
- Step 2: Slowly add 140g CarboCalcium powder, stir continually.
- Step 3: Add 12g Bio-Magnesium powder, stir continually.
- Step 4: Add 100 ml Pro-Trace A-
- Step 5: Add 100 ml Pro-Trace K+
- Step 6: Keep stirring. It can take some time for the solution to be clear. Estimate ~20 mins. Solution will be a tint of blue, this is normal.
Start with a daily dose of 5 ml of All-For-Reef per 100 liters (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume. Increase the daily dosage – by continuous control of the alkalinity – weekly by 2.5 ml per 100 liters (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume, until a constant carbonate hardness of 7° to 9° dH is reached.
10 Liter Kit
- 1,400 gram Carbo-Calcium
- 1lb Bio-Magnesium
- 1,000 mL Pro-Coral Trace A
- 1,000 mL Pro-Coral Trace K